February 11-12, 2014
Wasserstein Hall, Room 1015
Harvard Law School
The Journal on Legislation hosted its annual Symposium, “Drug Policy: Reality and Reform,” featuring two panels engaging in debate about this important topic.
The first panel discussion, held on Tuesday, February 11th at 12 noon in WCC 1015, focused on the relationship between drug policies and mass incarceration. The speakers on the first panel were:
- Barbara Dougan, Massachusetts Project Director at Families Against Mandatory Minimums (FAMM)
- Nancy Gertner, Professor of Practice at Harvard Law School
- Mark Osler, Professor of Law at University of St. Thomas Law School
- John Pfaff, Associate Professor of Law at Fordham Law School
The second panel discussion, held on Wednesday, February 12th at 12 noon in WCC 1015, focused on the possibility of ending marijuana prohibition. The speakers on the second panel were:
- Senator John Keenan, Massachusetts State Senator for the Norfolk and Plymouth district
- Ethan Nadelmann, Founder and Executive Director of the Drug Policy Alliance
- Charles “Cully” Stimson, Senior Legal Fellow at the Heritage Foundation
We also showed “The House I Live in” on February 11th at 5 p.m. in WCC 2009.