Join the Journal on Legislation for its annual Symposium, “Drug Policy: Reality and Reform.” There will be two panels, which will consist of short speeches, debate between panelists, and a question and answer session. Panera lunch will be provided at both panels!
The first panel discussion, held on Tuesday, February 11th at 12 noon in WCC 1015, will focus on the relationship between drug policies and mass incarceration. The speakers on the first panel will be:
- Barbara Dougan, Massachusetts Project Director at Families Against Mandatory Minimums (FAMM)
- Nancy Gertner, Professor of Practice at Harvard Law School
- Mark Osler, Professor of Law at University of St. Thomas Law School
- John Pfaff, Associate Professor of Law at Fordham Law School
The second panel discussion, held on Wednesday, February 12th at 12 noon in WCC 1015, will focus on the possibility of ending marijuana prohibition. The speakers on the second panel will be:
- Senator John Keenan, Massachusetts State Senator for the Norfolk and Plymouth district
- Ethan Nadelmann, Founder and Executive Director of the Drug Policy Alliance
- Charles “Cully” Stimson, Senior Legal Fellow at the Heritage Foundation
We will also be showing “The House I Live in” on February 11th at 5 p.m. in WCC 2009, and dinner will be provided. Please join these events for a spirited conversation on these contentious and timely subjects!